Manager of Media Relations & Broadcaster with Greenville Swamp Rabbits in Greenville · SC
Greenville Swamp Rabbits jobs
Sports Jobs in Greenville · SC
Communications/Community Relations: Media Manager
Spire Hockey: Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
Based outside of Charlotte, N.C., Spire Sports + Entertainment is bolstered by principled employees with decades of collective experience in brand consulting, celebrity representation and career management, business development, sponsorship placement and program management, event activation, hospitality, media relations, social media support and strategic consulting.
Operating below the radar for more than a decade, Spire’s work is unknowingly seen every day with our focus on accomplishment rather than accolades.
Spire Hockey is currently comprised of the Greenville Swamp Rabbits and the Rapid City Rush of the ECHL, the premier “AA” professional hockey organization in North America.
Spire and the Greenville Swamp Rabbits seek a Manager of Media Relations & Broadcaster. The role will be responsible for developing relationships with local and regional media, positive brand image and managing communication outlets, with the primary goal of growing the team’s coverage in the Upstate Community. Additionally, the role will serve as the primary play-by-play broadcaster for Greenville Swamp Rabbits games.
The Manager of Media Relations & Broadcaster will; be extremely personable, an effective multi-tasker and communicator. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter that takes initiative and thinks creatively.
- Serve as the team’s lead play-by-play announcer for all Greenville ECHL broadcasts, as well as host special events and team appearances as a personality of the team
- Serve as the day-to-day media relations contact between the team and local media outlets
- Game Notes preparation for all Swamp Rabbits games (both home and away), stats packages, press releases – relating to both hockey communication and business initiatives
- Must be an effective and diligent author with attention to detail and grammar
- Serve as a liaison between the front office and hockey operations, including interview scheduling, player/public appearances, and other special team events
- Assist in social media endeavors, including content creation and general support and promotion of the Swamp Rabbits brand
- Oversee all broadcast operations, including proper management of equipment and software
- Creation of feature stories and the ability to pitch human interest stories to local media outlets
- Foster relationships with media members within the community
- Execute all league mandated reporting and communication materials, with timely, efficient response to transactions, announcements, and other public messaging
- The ability to work with confidential information and always maintain professionalism while representing the Swamp Rabbits brand
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Highly organized, resourceful, detailed-oriented, a quick learner and efficient with time management skills
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Ability to learn in a team environment and adhere to departmental guidelines
- Ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external parties
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, communications, journalism, or related field
- 3+ years of progressive professional experience in broadcasting, communications, and content creation, strongly preferred
- Hockey play-by-play broadcast experience. Previous television broadcast experience preferred
- Excellent speaking, writing, and editing abilities
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at once and thrive in a fast-paced, intense work environment
- Must be able to work game nights, weekends, and holidays throughout the calendar year
The Swamp Rabbits reserve the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. The Swamp Rabbits may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What interest you about this role?