Communications Intern - Greenville Swamp Rabbits (GREENVILLE · SC)
Greenville Swamp Rabbits jobs
Sports Jobs in GREENVILLE · SC
Communications/Community Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
Communications Intern (Fall 2021 | 2021-22 Season)
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits seek a Communications Intern. This team member works directly with the Media Relations & Creative Services department, supervised by the Media Relations Manager & Team Broadcaster. During the internship, the intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to media relations, social media, marketing, as well as introductions to data management and business analytics. This person will be part of a team focused environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the Media Relations Manager on gamedays with hockey communication
- Maintain and prepare press row on gamedays
- Research and build a network of multimedia and social media engagement opportunities
- Support with Game Notes and Stat Packs (Hockey Operations elements)
- Assistance with postgame highlight reels; media distributions and email communication
- Contribute to Social Media channels on gamedays -- with game and fan interaction updates
- Support other departments as assigned
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program. MUST be able to receive course credit
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Hockey preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
Internship High Points:
- Academic credit internship
- Corporate social media management skills
- Knowledge of working in the front office of a professional sports team
- Experience in development of driving marketing strategy
Start Date: October, 2021
EEOC: The Greenville Swamp Rabbits are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Will you be able to receive College Credit for this Internship?
2. Do you acknowledge this is an unpaid / for course-credit only opportunity?