Chief Revenue Officer with Norfolk Admirals in Norfolk · VA
Norfolk Admirals jobs
Sports Jobs in Norfolk · VA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
WHY THIS POSITION
Here is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what could be the biggest turnaround in minor league hockey.
New ownership took over the Norfolk Admirals and plan to return it to glory. We’re looking for someone to lead the key revenue areas of ticket sales and sponsorship sales for the team and dramatically ramp up success.
It’s a unique opportunity to put your stamp on what will be a tremendous turnaround over the next few years.
The new owners bought the Admirals in the summer and have been steadily putting their stamp on it with improvements to the arena, new staff members, more aggressive marketing and a new vision.
One of the owners is a former professional hockey player who played in Norfolk and owns a highly successful hockey rink in town. Ownership is fully committed to making the Admirals something the Norfolk community can be proud of. More importantly, they recognize that Rome wasn’t built overnight and are willing to commit the time to working hand-in-hand with the CRO to drive revenue with reasonable expectations.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We need a top level executive with experience in ticket sales and sponsorship sales as those are our two most important revenue streams. Here are some of your responsibilities:
Ticket Sales and Marketing
- Hire a Director of Sales to oversee and manage the ticket sales staff on a day to day basis.
- Lead the development of ticket sales strategy, sellout strategy, group and season ticket strategy for the team and oversee implementation with the Director of Ticket Sales.
- Oversee a Marketing Director’s efforts to drive single game ticket sales and online ticket package sales through email marketing and digital advertising strategy.
- Guide the ticket operations department including customer service and ticket fulfillment processes.
1. Lead the team’s sponsorship sales efforts in conjunction with ownership. You’ll be the top sponsorship salesperson going out on all the major sponsorship sales calls.
2. Oversee a junior sponsorship salesperson and guide, train and coach them to success selling some of the team’s smaller packages.
3. Guide and direct sponsorship fulfillment and activation overseeing a fulfillment staff of 1-3 people.
- Oversee a Community Relations Manager to develop community focused programs to get the team visibility in the community as well as help drive ticket and sponsorship revenue.
ARE YOU QUALIFIED?
Our ideal executive is someone with a minimum 10 years of experience in ticket and sponsorship sales with a team, venue or college. If you have that type of experience and a proven track record of increasing revenue in those two categories, we want to talk to you.
HOW WILL YOU GET PAID
We’ll pay you a competitive salary based on your experience and a percentage of the increase in revenue. Have no doubt that for the right person, we’ll make sure you’re well taken care of. You’ll also receive standard employee benefits such as health insurance and 401K.
WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD
Over the next few years, ownership is looking for this position to be the leader of the business side of the franchise. There is no specific timetable for that move as revenue matters most right now. But, the right candidate, with hard work and success in tickets and sponsorships, can position themselves for a significant leadership role in the future.
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: I have at least 10 years ticket sales experience.
Yes/No: I have at least 3 years experience leading a sales staff.
Yes/No: I have at least 5 years experience in sponsorship sales.