We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oversee all elements of the Quad City Mallards ticket sales team ensuring profitability, efficiency, achievement of revenue goals, and establishing proper sales culture. The director of ticket sales will oversee the selling of season, partial and group ticket sales. This person will be responsible for the recruitment and training of Mallard account executives as well as supervision, management, motivation, and development of these team members. In addition, the Director of Ticket Sales will create and grow proper sales techniques and strategies to maximize assets and results.
Game Night Responsibilities: Yes
· Work with vice president of sales in creating effective strategies, procedures and processes to sell season, partial, group, and corporate plans.
· Create a work environment and culture that creates, promotes, and nurtures ticket sales where each representative has the ability to achieve and surpass all ticket and revenue goals
· Implement sales training materials
· Create yearly, monthly, and weekly goals for sales staff in season, group, and package sales
· Support account executives during outside appointments, meetings, conference calls and games
· Work with marketing department to create packages and events to promote additional sales
· Assist marketing department in keeping integrity and value of the Mallards brand in the marketplace
· Provide organization and department heads with feedback and direction of department
· Create and manage multiple ticket reports for organizational and league use
· Provide excellent customer service and support of a culture of customer service
· All other duties as assigned
· Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience required.
· Two to three years of successful sales experience in selling a variety of ticket packages in a team or entertainment environment required.
· One to two years of supervisory experience preferred; including proven hiring, training, coaching and leadership skills.
· Experience in managing revenue and expense budgets preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
· Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
· Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
· Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
· Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
· Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department