Merchandising Manager with South Carolina Stingrays in North Charleston, SC
South Carolina Stingrays jobs
Sports Jobs in North Charleston, SC
Retail/Licensing: Retail Merchandising
Reports To: Sr. VP of Sales and Sponsorships
The Merchandise Manager manages the purchasing, and inventory levels of the merchandise departments for the team. Must develop annual/future marketing, advertising and sales plans as well as be responsible for managing all business aspects of the department.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years sales experience, preferably in retail environment.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and develop leads as required
Functions: Flexible (season or reduced work week)
- Prepares annual sales and expense budget. Monitors expense side of the budget in relation to sales.
- Plans annual purchases, and weekly purchases.
- Develops new licensing opportunities for South Carolina Stingrays.
- Solicits new business through free digital marketing for team website.
- Oversees annual inventory counts in conjunction with auditors.
- Oversees random inventory counts.
- Manages inventory level to balance the investment in inventory with optimizing full margin sales.
- Monitors latest merchandise trends.
- Oversees retail associates.
- Monitors and manages point of sale systems.
- Interacts with ticket department & corporate sales to develop new sales opportunities.
- Continues to develop web store and online sales opportunities.
- Maximizes floor plan in arena merchandize location.
- Constantly seeks new retail opportunities.
- Develops annual marketing and sales strategic plan.
- Evaluate revenue and unit #s by product category and SKU, as well as opening and final margin by SKU.
Functions: Game Day
- Meets with staff daily to discuss previous’ games sales, store layout, items to push, etc.
- Full time - must be able to work weekends.
- During the season hours may range from 10 to 14 hours per day.
- May be required to lift and carry boxes up to 100 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your salary requirements?