Located in Glens Falls, NY and playing at the Glens Falls Civic Center, the Adirondack Thunder, ECHL, are seeking talented individuals to join their Game Operations staff.
The primary function of the Game Operations staff is to support the Director, Game Operations and the Thunder staff in executing all in-game activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Interacting with fans, preparing giveaways for in-game use, completing all of the game night setup and breakdown, and facilitating crowd interactive activities and promotions. The successful candidates will act as promotional and goodwill ambassadors for the Adirondack Thunder Hockey Club. Other duties as assigned.
Our Expectations: Excellent customer service skills and a basic knowledge of hockey, sports, and/or entertainment. Must be reliable, honest, and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to move Game Operations props and inventory and be on your feet for extended periods of time. Candidates must be able to work most Thunder home games including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
2017-18 Adirondack Thunder Game Operations Internships – October 2017 to end of season 2018
- Assist the Director, Game Operations before, during, and after all Thunder home games in presenting and executing a high level, high energy game experience that is memorable for fans
- Follow game scripts accordingly. Must be responsible, professional, and punctual
- Help run and operate the game presentation; provide assistance with in-game promotions such as Chuck-A-Puck, program sales, raffle programs, and more
- Assist the in-game host in his entertainment and sponsor related duties
- Participate in and help coordinate on-ice entertainment and media timeout activities
- Need to be able to work with a team-first mentality
- Must be able to work with mascot(s) and have fun
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- Applicants must be able to receive course credit as this is an unpaid internship. Will be provided with a pregame meal, parking, two (2) tickets per game, and Thunder staff merchandise discount
- High school, undergraduate, and graduate students are welcome to apply
- Must be able to commit to most, if not all, of 36 Thunder home games
- Any experience working in sports/entertainment related industries is preferred
- Hard work and demonstration of excellent operational execution will be rewarded with more responsibility if the intern desires
- Need to provide your own transportation to and from all games
The Adirondack Thunder and the Glens Falls Civic Center are equal opportunity employers.
How did you hear about this job?