Game Operations Intern - Kalamazoo Wings
Kalamazoo Wings jobs
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
May include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with Game Operations & Community Relations Manager in the planning, implementation and execution of promotional themes; in-game entertainment and intermission activities by work ALL Kalamazoo Wings home games.
- Works with Game Operations & Community Relations Manager in the creation of game-day scripts and event time outlines.
- Assists with the production and execution of in-game promotional activities including but not limited to: event set-up and tear-down, selecting activity participants and Zamboni riders, arrangement of additional game-day entertainment performers, monitor activities associated with the K-Wings Kids Club and oversee interactive concourse tables.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with business partners involved with game-day promotions.
- Coordinating community events that may or may not be during game day.
- Assist Wings Event staff with the distribution of promotional handouts/giveaways and coupon initiatives.
- Support sales staff with the execution of game-day fan experiences.
- Provide high level of customer service and hospitality for those in attendance at Kalamazoo Wings home games and/or Wings Event Center events.
- Commit to working a minimum of 5 Special Events.
- Special events can include but are not limited to, setting up to tearing down an event, working as food and beverage, usher, security or parking attendant. The opportunity to work more events is available in these departments if you are interested in working more hours throughout the year!
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- The ideal candidate will be in pursuit of a college degree in Sport Management, Sports Marketing, Sales or a closely related field
- Ability to effectively present and share information/ideas amongst groups, game-day staff members, managers, business partners and all guests at Wings Event Center
- Any previous experience working in sports, live entertainment events and/or customer service is a plus
- Candidates must be comfortable working in a loud, fast paced and high pressure work environment
- Your assignment will begin mid-September 2021 and end on or about 2 weeks after the 2021-2022 K-Wings season. The regular season ends in mid-April, with playoffs following into May. Only available for the Fall or Spring semester? We are able to make accommodations!