The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, are looking for a Broadcasting Intern for the 2017-2018 season.
Qualified candidates should have aspirations of entering the broadcasting field in an on-air or production capacity.
The Thunder Broadcast Intern will assist the team's play-by-play broadcaster with game night broadcasts and interviews.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help with production of pregame, intermission and post-game shows on Thunder Radio Network
- Assist in the production of game-day stats for media
- Conduct interviews with Thunder players and coaches as well as opponents
- Cut and edit audio highlights live during game for intermission and other use
- Assist with broadcast preparation including team sheets, line charts and other duties as assigned by the play-by-play broadcaster
- Potential for on-air experience
- Potential for writing and/or graphics experience if desired
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior broadcasting experience is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the game of hockey
- Knowledge of audio editing software (ex. Adobe Audition, GarageBand, Audacity)
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Ideal candidates are pursuing a college degree in Communications, Marketing, Sport Management or a closely related field, however, this is not required
- Ability to receive college credit based on the specific requirements is a plus
- Successful candidates have some experience in marketing and/or customer service, are innovative, self-starters, independent, highly creative workers with good organization, interpersonal and follow-up skills with the willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent phone skills and proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, members and the general public
This is a for credit, unpaid internship with no relocation reimbursement. Preference will be given to local candidates.