Broadcast/Media Relations intern with Reading Royals in Reading, PA
Reading Royals jobs
Sports Jobs in Reading, PA
Communications/Community Relations: Broadcasting
The Reading Royals are seeking a Broadcast and Media Relations intern for the 2019-20. The ideal candidate will be local to Reading, PA and able to work home games and assist in game-night social media for away games.
- Help produce releases: game previews, recaps, feature stories
- Create video content for royalshockey.com and Royals social media channels (game previews videos, postgame highlights, in-game highlights, postgame interviews)
- Assist in game notes creation and research for broadcasts. Distribute game notes to various media at home games
- Oversee postgame interviews between media and players/coaches
- On-air broadcasting opportunities for qualified candidates
- Must be available to work all 36 home games
- Strong familiarity in video editing and must possess strong knowledge of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.)
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge/Familiarity of Photoshop
- A strong knowledge of the game of hockey highly recommended
- All positions are unpaid, and candidates must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Please submit hours required from your educational institution with your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why are you qualified for this position?
Do you live near Reading, PA?
Please provide a link(s) to any relevant broadcasting/writing/communications work you have.