Media Relations Assistant with Atlanta Gladiators in Lawrenceville · GA
- Help with creating, writing and organizing game notes, stat packs, media credentials, rosters, and lineups.
- Creating unique trends, streaks and tidbits for game notes and broadcast.
- Writing of commercial spots, promos, live reads, special events for game preparation broadcast.
- Compile historical information, trivia quizzes, this date in hockey and other game-related items.
- Assist in setup of the press box on all game days and distribute all content needed for media, PA, opposing broadcasters, coaches and others.
- Handling and coordination of special guests at games and bringing sponsors, players, media interviews to the broadcast booth between periods on time.
- Making sure interview questions are submitted before the day of games and in-game research of unexpected guests.
- Create and post the post-game summary on the website and social media.
- This is a paid position and college credit is also available.
- Must have a degree or in college for Journalism, Media Relations or English with a knowledge of sports.
- Availability Monday-Friday for select hours, uninterrupted from September through May and all 36 home games and playoffs.
- A skilled researcher and writer who can craft entertaining stories for multiple mediums such as website, program, press releases, social media and more.
- Proficiency in all social media platforms, devices, and methods.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you live within 1 hour of Lawrenceville/Duluth, Georgia?
Are you available to work all 36 home games and playoffs uninterrupted from September through May?
Are you available Monday through Friday between 9-5?
Do you have a working knowledge of sports?
Can you submit writing samples?