Mascot Coordinator - Atlanta Gladiators (Lawrenceville · GA)
Atlanta Gladiators Jobs
Sports Jobs in Lawrenceville · GA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Perform as Gladiators Mascot at all home games (October thru June), official team events and booked appearances, supporting key initiatives in the following areas, but not limited to entertainment, marketing, community, youth hockey and corporate partnership.
- Lead brand development and marketing of Gladiators Mascot that is consistent with Atlanta Gladiators brand pillars and organizational guidelines.
- Work closely with the Community Outreach department at all events, including but not limited to foundation fundraisers, seasonal events and nonprofit partner appearances.
- Work closely with Digital Media, Creative Services or Video Production departments in production of content for social media or branding purposes.
- Work with the Marketing department on creating and actively pursuing a goal-oriented revenue stream for the mascot program.
- Procure, clean and maintain all mascot assets including costumes, skates, outfits, props, and other items.
- Must be able to appropriately interact with fans of all ages, especially children.
- Book, coordinate and attend all appearances as requested.
- Coordinate details with clients, and keep database of inquiries, dates, and contact information.
- Track and process payments.
- Maintain promotional calendar for all mascot related appearances and inform proper departments of appearance opportunities.
- Appear at any required activations (i.e. contests, promotions, t shirt tosses, suite and seat visits) and on ice during intermissions.
- Actively contribute to the goals of the entertainment department by creating skits, dances, stunts, pre-recorded videos, in-arena interaction and improvisation. Additionally, actively collaborating and attending meetings with entertainment/video production teams for content ideas and department activations.
- Must exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must possess extraordinary level of creativity, energy, and spontaneity, and have the passion to constantly build and present new and creative ideas.
- Must be of good moral character and always represent the organization in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure, in addition to strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and proactive, yet also be able to be a strong team player and work collaboratively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Prior mascot experience, collegiate or professional preferred, but not required.
- Ability to ice skate required.
- Ability to tolerate moderate to very loud noise, flashing and bright lights and other sensory triggering elements.
- Must be able to stand and be in costume for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have prior mascot experience?
How many years experience do you have ice skating?