Merchandising | E-Commerce Intern with Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club in Allen · TX
Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Allen · TX
The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red, White and Blue having captured four league Championships in the club’s 10 full seasons of play. Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans begin their 12th season of professional hockey in the Fall of 2020.
The Merchandising | E-Commerce Intern will work with the overall operation of the club’s e-commerce platforms (web site, DASH auctions, etc) and with the Official Team Store, located at the Allen Event Center. The intern will provide excellent customer service and looks for creative ways to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with daily retail operations
- Assist with store sets and product levels in the main team shop/web store, detail oriented
- Assist with month end physical inventories, variances/inventory control
- Assist with game day and non-game day staffing needs
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming merchandise, sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Store Manager & Director of Finance | Internal Operations
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit
- Previous retail experience, leading others in a retail environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives
- Must have computer skills: Google G-Suite preferred
- Ability to work all events, including: extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Available 20-25 hours per week, including nights, weekends and game days
- Proficient in Google G-Suite
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Familiarity with Ice Hockey preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
Reports to: Director of Finance | Internal Operations Start Date: August 2020
EEOC: The Allen Americans are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?