Graphic Design Intern - Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club (Allen · TX)
Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Allen · TX
The Allen Americans Professional Hockey Club will begin it's 13th season of play this fall and is expanding its front office staff as the organization moves back to 100% mode for the 2021-22 season. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red having captured four (4) league Championships in the club’s 11 full seasons of play. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans are very active in the community, with service efforts focused around the newly re-launched Red Lamp Foundation. Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen, which is the epicenter of Collin County, one of the most active business zones in the DFW Metroplex.
The Graphic Design Intern will help bring life to our brand through the creation of various assets needed to successfully market our organization. In addition to graphic design projects, you may also have the opportunity to work in other services such as marketing, social media, business development initiatives and game day operations as needed. Internship will, at minimum, span over a semester of college and involves about 600 hours (Can be flexible based on needs). We can offer flexible hours during the week based on the needs of your supervisor and can be discussed. Weekend availability is a must – you will be expected to work on weekends creating graphics or assisting on-site with events.
Internship High Points:
- Academic credit internship, with the potential for hourly wages based on level of experience and initial performance
- Corporate social media management skills
- Knowledge of working in the front office of a professional sports team
- Experience in development of driving marketing strategy
- Create designs for the following: Event Artwork, Social Media, Marketing flyer, Team Store apparel graphics, Banners, headers, graphics, etc. for various websites & Ticketing/Sponsorship Sales.
- Works closely and directly with Marketing, Ticketing and Sponsorships Units
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a relevant major, such as Graphic Design, Marketing, etc.
- Must be proficient in Adobe software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) & G-Suite
- Punctual and self-motivating
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Creative design ideas
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism and comfortable with the editing/approval process that comes with graphic design
Reports to: Senior Manager of Marketing | Digital Engagement + Senior Manager of Event Operations | Partnership Activation
Start Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
EEOC: The Allen Americans are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please provide a link to your demo reel / design samples...
What design programs are you proficient in?
Do you work well with deadlines?