Executive Management Intern with Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club in Allen · TX
Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Allen · TX
The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red, White and Blue having captured four league Championships in the club’s 10 full seasons of play. Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans begin their 12th season of professional hockey in the Fall of 2020.
The Executive Management Intern will work directly with the Organization’s Leadership Team and will assist in the management of all administrative aspects of the club. This is a comprehensive, deep-dive opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in professional sports management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend meetings with Executive Leadership and provide advance support
- Work on projects, assigned directly from the Team President | Alternate Governor
- Maintain meeting schedules, arrange meeting facilities, and ensure relevant meeting information is attached and/or printed prior to meetings. Collaborate with USOPC Events & Logistics to coordinate off-site department meetings as needed
- Maintain departmental files and records. Develop and maintain accurate filing systems, in compliance with club document retention policy
- Assist with developing, editing, and configuring executive-level presentations
- Compose correspondence, memos, and reports. Coordinate action with appropriate constituencies in a consistent and timely manner
- Receive and screen incoming calls. Respond directly to caller’s inquiries when appropriate or disseminate calls to appropriate parties
- Responsible for maintaining department overall calendars of deadlines, events, travel, and personal time off
- Provide timely research and/or information in preparation for meetings, events, and special projects
- Maintain databases in relevant organizational software systems and create report for high-level stakeholders as requested
- Manage content on departmental G-Suite sites, updating outdated documents, creating new content, and communicating changes as necessary
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Americans’ staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit.
- Interested in pursuing a career in sports journalism
- Available 20-25 hours per week, including nights, weekends and game days
- Proficient in Google G-Suite
- Demonstrated writing and grammar proficiency in AP Style
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with Ice Hockey preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel, occasionally work long hours and handle some light physical activity
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
Reports to: Team President | Alternate Governor Start Date: August 2020
EEOC: The Allen Americans are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?