Business Development Intern (Fall 2020 | 2020-21 Season) with Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club in Allen · TX
Allen Americans Professional Ice Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Allen · TX
The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. Championship Hockey is the backbone of the American's franchise since being founded prior to the 2009-10 season, with the Red, White and Blue having captured four league Championships in the club’s 10 full seasons of play. Americans’ home games are played at the Allen Event Center, which is located in The Village at Allen. Owned by nationally respected “Serial Entrepreneur “Jack D. Gulati, the Americans begin their 12th season of professional hockey in the Fall of 2020.
The Business Development Intern works directly with the Sponsorships & Ticketing Units. During the internship, the intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to customer service, marketing, sales, organizational growth, as well as introductions to data management and business analytics. This person will be part of a team focused environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn the daily functions of the Business Development sales process and partnership marketing
- Cultivate dynamic working relationships with current and new clientele
- Research and build a network of sponsorship leads
- Support the Sponsorships & Ticketing Units throughout all stages of the sales process
- Support Partnership Marketing Team in sponsorship fulfillment, activation and annual reports
- Gather, plan and execute contractual elements for each corporate partner
- Track and analyze performance of sponsored elements for each corporate partner
- Maintain detailed database of contacts and inventory using HubSpot CRM system
- Contribute creative promotions to further develop business development
- Complete ad hoc projects from Club leadership
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and comfortable with sales.
- Proficient with Google G-Suite
- Familiarity with Hockey preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel, occasionally work long hours and handle some light physical activity
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
Internship High Points:
- Academic credit internship, with the potential for hourly wages based on level of experience and initial performance
- Corporate social media management skills
- Knowledge of working in the front office of a professional sports team
- Experience in development of driving marketing strategy
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer / Vice President, Sponsorships & Senior Director, Ticket Sales & Service
Start Date: August 2020
Start Date: August 2020
EEOC: The Allen Americans are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?