DEPARTMENT: Game Operations
REPORTS TO: Event Presentation & Creative Services Department
LOCATION: BMO Harris Bank Center, Rockford, IL
The Rockford IceHogs are looking for enthusiastic people to assist on game days for the 2021-22 season. This is a game day position that helps promote all aspects of game entertainment. The Game Day Staff assists the organization in giving fans the best experience possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation and execution of all in-arena game presentation activities for the Rockford IceHogs including but not limited to promotions on and off the ice, anthems, color guard, pre and/or post-game ceremonies, intermission entertainment, handouts, and mascot duties for the IceHogs and special events outside of game nights.
- Greet all members and guests with pleasantries as they enter and exit the arena.
- Work with a team to execute all game day elements of the Rockford IceHogs game presentation strategies and promotions.
- Assist in distribution of promotional items.
- Take part in pre-game preparation, in-game implementation, and post-game duties to effectively complete assigned tasks.
- Participate in fan interaction with and without team mascot.
- Answer all fan questions accurately and professionally to enhance their experience.
- Assist other departments with game-day initiatives as assigned.
- Promote a positive fan experience and work as part of a creative team.
- Assist with other IceHogs events in and out of the arena when necessary.
- Properly represent the IceHogs brand in a professional manner.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Previous skating experience required
- Must be 18 years of age
Skills and Abilities
- Attendance at all home games and special events for the entire 2021-22 season for the IceHogs. Availability for game days is a must.
- Must possess strong communication skills, an outgoing and positive attitude, and enjoy interaction with fans.
- Must be flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced, live, and stressful environment. Critical thinking and the ability to effectively follow directions are essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work effectively under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines as they are presented.
- Candidates are expected to be timely and punctual and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while upholding the standards of the organization.
- Must be 18 years or older by November 1, 2021.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to ice skate well enough to perform on-ice tasks safely, within the time provided; possess the ability to turn, stop, bend over and lift small items while in ice skates; and use light work equipment while performing the duties of their job.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.