The Part-Time Ice Technician is responsible for performing all tasks pertaining to ice maintenance and related equipment including safely operating the Zamboni at the Chicago Blackhawks Community Ice Arena.
- Safely operate ice resurfacer (Zamboni).
- Perform routine ice maintenance.
- Maintain all equipment related to ensuring the highest quality ice including edger, ice resurfacer, compressor room, etc.
- Regularly sharpen skates for clients and rental skate inventory (willing to train).
- Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility clean and organized.
- Maintaining a professional and organized demeanor when dealing with both internal and external guests and coworkers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure a safe work ensure.
- Properly report and document incidents.
- Have excellent working knowledge of the facility as a whole.
- Excellent customer service skills, especially in difficult situations.
- Ability to recognize unsafe situations and respond accordingly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to problem solve and react in a calm manner to stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school degree, or equivalent training experience required.
- Prior experience operating ice resurfacer helpful, but not required (willing to train).
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to obtain knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations.
- CPR Certification preferred but not required. Ability to be certified after hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.