In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Title: Talent Acquisition & DEI Manager
Department: People & Culture
Reports to: Director, People & Culture
Number Direct Reports: None
Location: Chicago/United Center
The Chicago Blackhawks started their journey as one of the NHL’s “Original Six” professional ice hockey teams in 1926. Members of the Central Division in the NHL’s Western Conference and six-time Stanley Cup Champions (1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015), the team calls the United Center home.
The Blackhawks proudly show up every day #ReadyToWork to make Chicago Proud and reimagine the potential of hockey. At its core, the team and greater organization uphold its mission through its core values centered around integrity, curiosity, empathy, collaboration, and originality. They are fiercely dedicated to delivering new and legendary fan experiences, both on and off the ice. As part of their unwavering commitment to the local community, the organization has made an extensive expansion to the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation and opened the Fifth Third Arena, which serves not only as the team’s official practice facility, but also as a state-of-the-art community space and hub for youth hockey development.
What It’s Like Working Here:
The Chicago Blackhawks experience isn’t just on the ice. Our office, located in the United Center, promotes a fun, engaging atmosphere where we can celebrate both hockey and each other while being at the forefront of innovation. Our commitment to curating an environment where all individuals feel empowered to bring their best self to work each day can be seen throughout our organization and through the workings of the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation. Whether you are a job seeker looking to join the organization or a current member of our amazing team, our goal is the same – to create a memorable, inclusive experience. Our office offers free parking, a state of the art gym, oh... and plenty of free food!
The Top Shelf:
The Talent Acquisition & DEI Manager is responsible for assisting the Chicago Blackhawks and its affiliates (Rockford IceHogs and Fifth Third Arena) reimagine the potential of hockey by attracting, engaging, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce of best-in-class talent. This role provides a broad range of strategic, creative, technical, and administrative/executionary support across the People & Culture function with a specific focus on integrating intentional DEI strategies to impact an equitable experience for prospective and current employees. Key results areas for this role include talent acquisition, recruitment, and DEI strategy implementation. Key responsibilities and areas include:
How You’ll Contribute:
Values-Driven Service and Execution
- Plays an active role in candidate recruiting for open positions (as assigned), while helping to identify opportunities to proactively source underrepresented talent to drive diversity outcomes.
- Participates in and host recruiting events and job fairs to grow awareness of the Chicago Blackhawks as an inclusive employer of choice
- Manages and grows relationships with current and potential external partners including universities (targeting local, industry-specific programs, and diverse institutions e.g., HBCUs, HSIs, etc.), temp agencies, headhunters, and leveraging job boards.
- Responsible for coaching business leaders around inclusive and equitable talent acquisition hiring practices; ensures hiring teams are trained on unconscious bias, interview skills, utilizing phone screen and interview guides and service level agreement commitments.
Innovation, Automation and Technical Support
- Acts as super user for applicant tracking system and other technology, maximizing operational effectiveness.
- Conducts ongoing research of trends and best practices and make recommendations on promoting a world class recruiting experience, accelerating, and embedding DEI, and other best practices or general process improvements.
- Builds a comprehensive People & Culture Talent & DEI Dashboard to measure progress on talent related KPIs (e.g., time to fill, candidate demographics, representation of women and BIPOC employees, etc.).
Strategic Thought Partnership
- Partners on the collaborative and iterative development, implementation, and integration the Chicago Blackhawks’ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and assists with building tools and resources to equip staff at all levels in activating the strategy.
- Creates and champions company’s recruitment branding strategy to effectively attract top talent and continues to evolve the candidate experience
- Influences progressive internal and external pipeline strategies for key roles
Player Stats and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgement and discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Working understanding of human resources principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to build trust with employees at all levels.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player.
- Must possess strong ability to manage time and task prioritization.
- Must be comfortable collaborating with multiple leadership styles and be able to navigate ambiguous or complex dynamics with maturity and empathy.
- Strong cultural competence and experiential knowledge of applying diversity, equity, and inclusion practices within an HR function.
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as event schedule dictates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other relevant major.
- 5-7 years Human Resources experience, specifically recruitment related.
- Extensive knowledge of ADP Workforce Now experience or similar HRIS.
The Chicago Blackhawks is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.