The Marketing Coordinator will support the development and execution of all Chicago Blackhawks marketing promotions and activations. This role will work across Marketing & Content functions, and cross-departmentally, to grow the Blackhawks brand and captivate new and diverse audiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Act as a liaison between Blackhawks Marketing and supported business units, as well as external partners, to meet objectives and facilitate workflow
- Produce copy for Blackhawks advertising across TV and radio, paid social, etc.
- Traffic advertising for corporate partners and Blackhawks promotional campaigns to appropriate channels
- Create effective Marketing plans that account for target audiences, KPIs, budgeting, approach, etc.
- Work with Brand team to maintain marketing calendar and ensure short- and long-term planning
- Assist Director, Fan & Partnership Marketing in brand execution across the Blackhawks’ enterprise including Fifth Third Arena, Chicago Blackhawks Foundation, Blackhawks Store/CBHShop.com and Rockford IceHogs
- Help coordinate local market initiatives, including but not limited to out-of-home campaigns and local media partnerships
- Collaborate with Business Strategy & Analytics to report on campaign performances and provide insights for future best practices
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Sports Management or related field
- Knowledge of the game of hockey and the National Hockey League preferred
- Interpersonal skills – listens to others, works well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills including written/copyediting and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Can prioritize work activities and use time efficiently
- Adaptability – adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and handle frequent changes
- Dependability – consistently at work when expected, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions
- Strong computer skills – including all Microsoft Office software programs and some proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is helpful
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays