The Mascot Intern will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Chicago Blackhawks mascot during his performances at Blackhawks games, team events, and any outside appearance. This individual will also assist in the marketing efforts to grow the Tommy Hawk brand.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Work closely with the Manager, Mascot to coordinate Tommy Hawk’s schedule
- Ensure all in-game elements involving Tommy Hawk are executed properly
- Be the spoken voice of Tommy Hawk with the ability to express Tommy Hawk’s thoughts and feelings and communicate them to fans throughout games and events
- Assist with the conceptualization of new skits, stunts, as well as other innovative ideas, to enhance game presentation, team events, and community appearances
- Work with internal and external clients to understand event needs in a timely manner, collaborating with internal staff to develop detailed appearance plans, event outlines, planning, and programming
- Actively research potential appearance or performance opportunities and opportunities to extend the Tommy Hawk brand throughout the community
- Assist with prop and costume production, care, laundering, and maintenance
- Maintain organization in storage areas, as well as prop and promotional item inventory; arrange for items to be cleaned/repaired/ordered
- Assist with coordination and training of part-time gameday assistants
- Assist with upkeep and maintenance of the Tommy Hawk van
- Work closely with social media team to conceptualize and executecontent for Tommy Hawk social media channels
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 1-2 years experience with a professional sports franchise
- Exceptional organization and time management skills and the ability to organize resources, establish priorities and develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to apply creativity and design principles to assigned projects
- Ability to engage through verbal, non-verbal, and written communication with strong listening skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekend, holidays as dictated by the event and game schedule