The Hockey Instructor is responsible for planning and executing tasks for in house hockey programs. In house hockey programs range from youth to adult age participants. Tasks include but are not limited to: creating on ice practice plans, orchestrating off-ice logistics, organizing equipment, and communicating program details to parents and participants. This position must have a strong hockey background and provide the highest level of customer service to all clients of the facility.
- Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility clean and organized.
- Maintaining a professional and organized demeanor when dealing with both internal and external guests and coworkers to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Properly report and document incidents.
- Have strong hockey background and excellent working knowledge of all hockey programs.
- Support on-ice programs through scorekeeping and officiating youth and adult hockey programs as needed.
- Teach and communicate hockey skill sets to youth and adult participants.
- Excellent customer service skills, especially in difficult situations.
- Ability to recognize unsafe situations and respond accordingly.
- Ability to skate well and communicate instruction to audiences of all ages.
- Ability to problem solve and react in a calm manner to stressful situations.
- Participated in organized hockey programs as a player.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong background in organized hockey programs and skill development.
- Preferred 1-year coaching with Learn to Skate programs.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective facility operations and programs.
- Must be a strong skater.
- USA Coaching Level 1 recommended.
- Safe Sport Certification required.
- CPR Certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.