The Accounts Payable Specialist for the Chicago Blackhawks will be responsible in maintaining accounts payable, expense reimbursements, credit card reporting and other work processes including distribution and maintenance of invoices, verifying and reconciling certain account balances, communications with vendors and employees for expense reimbursement and other finance and accounting processes. The AP Specialist must maintain the highest level of integrity.
- Perform data entry for the accounts payable function including invoice entry and vendor maintenance.
- Review employee expense reports and process for reimbursement.
- Work with department heads and vendors to resolve any issues that may arise – respond to employee and vendor questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Reconcile month-end accounts payable and payable related accounts.
- Organize and file payable records and reports.
- Assist with the expense allocation of the Corporate Credit Cards.
- Record employee travel expense accruals.
- Assist the Finance department with any other needs or special projects.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or a related field. Prior experience in sports finance helpful.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy of all reports and financials.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as may be dictated by game and event schedule.
- Experience in NetSuite/Docupeak preferred
- Strong written and communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.