*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Delaware North Sportservice are searching for a Chef de Cuisine to lead our team at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Our ideal Chef de Cuisine candidate shares our passion for delivering the highest quality of food, wine, and service to guests - taking great pride in your work and the impact you have on a moment or occasion. You're an innovative recipe developer, an inspiring leader, and someone who invests time in continuous learning and improvement.
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to all team members. Ensure kitchen operations are established and can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all cooks are following these standards.
- Coordinate training activities for kitchen and back-of-house associates to meet service level standards.
- Hire, train, and mobilize kitchen and service teams with precision to provide impeccable service to our client and their guests.
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, service procedures and standards - including Health Department regulations; always maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions.
- Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control, and hiring, counseling, and termination policies.
- Make periodic and regular inspection at events to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an Executive Chef in a high-volume industry-leading concept with 10 years culinary experience in established restaurants and catering companies.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- ServSafe and Food Safety Handler certifications required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting and accessible new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
- Maintains openness and willingness to learn new techniques and improve abilities.
- Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. cooking machinery).
- Skilled in direct interaction with guests.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.