Ice Crew Member - San Diego Gulls Hockey Club (San Diego · CA)
San Diego Gulls Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in San Diego · CA
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Summary of Position
Summary of Position
This is a part-time, seasonal position within the Game Operations Department of the San Diego Gulls. The Gulls Ice Crew assist in maintaining a professional quality playing surface during all home games. Ice Crew is responsible for clearing snow and debris from the playing surface a minimum of nine times per game while wearing ice skates.
- Clear snow and debris from the ice playing surface throughout Gulls hockey games.
- Assist with arena promotions, contests and intermission activities.
- Assist with other responsibilities on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must be an advanced ice skater. Skating experience required.
- Able to skate quickly with heavy equipment in hand.
- Ability to be a team player and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ice skating surface maintenance experience preferred but not required.
- Physically fit/athletic.
- Comfortable being in front of large crowds.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays when required. Must be available to work all Gulls home games.
- Able to work well under pressure
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certifications Required – If applicable list, or indicate NA.
Experience Required - 0-1 Year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.