BI Database Associate - San Diego Gulls Hockey Club (San Diego · CA)
San Diego Gulls Hockey Club jobs
Sports Jobs in San Diego · CA
Ticket Operations: Box Office Database Administration
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Summary of Position
Summary of Position
The Business Intelligence Database Associate will work closely with Ticket Operations department as well as reporting and working with the Business Intelligence Manager to develop tactical plans to achieve targeted levels of revenue. This person will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all data sources that enter the database including updating and validating data. The incumbent of this position must be capable of working with data everyday to help discover insights that will drive revenue and brand awareness. This person also must be able to assist with various tasks related to ticketing in the Gulls’ ticketing system. This is a nine (9) month term position with possible qualification for further growth opportunities after first six (6) months.
- Maintain the various databases that are used by the San Diego Gulls
- Update and validate data tables as needed
- Assist guests on game nights with ticket requests and issues.
- Collaborate with the marketing department on customer segmentation.
- Work with the sales managers on lead distribution to the sales reps
- Develop useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources.
- Create ad hoc custom reports as needed.
- Assist leadership with centralization or reports and data visualization projects in Tableau.
- Analyze, review, forecast, and present information for operational and business planning.
- Develop appropriate methodologies for collecting names, demographics, and lifestyle information.
- Create and implement a retention model while will enable Gulls’ leadership to better understand a season ticket holders likelihood to renew.
- Work with the ticketing and marketing departments on strategic business solutions through research and analysis
- Fullfill ticket inventory requests in AXS Backoffice from ticket sales
- Work with Pachanga Arena’s box office on ADA seating availability for all Gulls Games
- Build ticket offers at the request of the ticketing department and department manager.
- Other duties as assigned by department manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, data analytics, computer science or a related field required
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience in a data analyst role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays as required.
- Strong excel skills required; SQL preferred, experience with Tableau, R, or python are a plus
- Experience in BackOffice/Veritix, Microsoft Dynamics CRM are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education - Bachelor's Degree
Certifications Required – NA
Experience Required - 1-2 Year's
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.