Human Resources Business Partner - United States Golf Association (USGA)
The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
- We are in search of a dynamic HR Business Partner, who will partner with USGA leaders to deliver value-added service aligned with the goals of the organization. Reporting to the Senior Director, Employee Journey, this role will develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure support of all HR related needs of the organization. The ideal candidate will deliver results and analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
What you'll do:
- Develop effective partnerships and relationships across the business. Participate in regular meetings with department leaders, consult with management and provide guidance on all HR related topics.
- Provide day-to-day performance management related guidance, including coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues and conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Partner with Managing Director, HR, on issues requiring additional oversight.
- Provide guidance and input related to organizational restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees. Partner with Legal group on issues requiring additional oversight.
- Partner with larger HR team on the development, implementation and administration of HR programs, processes, and policies.
Where you'll be:
- This role will be based at our Liberty Corner, NJ campus on a hybrid schedule. Employees are expected to spend 3 days per week working in the office, between Monday - Thursday. Travel (up to 25%) primarily to secondary USGA headquarters located in Pinehurst, NC, is anticipated to begin in January 2024.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of strategic HR business partner experience. Experience navigating a small, but complex, organization a plus.
- Proven experience managing and resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- A passion for inclusion.
- An appreciation for the game of golf, competition, sports or being an authentically mission and values-driven person.
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- On-site gym and golf simulator
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.