Head of Campus Operations with United States Golf Association (USGA) in Liberty Corner · NJ
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Head of Campus Operations leads and directs the strategic, operational and developmental planning of all USGA facilities. Responsible for campus master planning as well as the oversight, operations and management of all Real Estate functions. This includes building and grounds operations and maintenance, space planning, leasing, capital planning and project management, health fire and safety, security, office services and business continuity. Ensures that the workplace is safe, comfortable, productive, efficient and sustainable. Establishes the strategic goals of the Department, ensures operational objectives are achieved, engages collaboratively with staff and senior leadership to provide superior customer-focused services. Manage a team of 5+ as well as contractors and consultants.
What you can expect:
- Manage and oversee facilities operations and maintenance ensuring all assets and systems function efficiently, safely, securely and in a manner consistent with existing regulations and standards. Lead a team of in-house staff and contractors providing effective facilities, preventative and ongoing maintenance, housekeeping and security services with a high level of customer satisfaction. Maintain the highest level of aesthetic appearance both inside and outside of all facilities. Improve, develop and implement processes, procedures and policy to ensure consistency and high performance.
- Develop and maintain an annual operating budget and capital plan. Manage the budget to plan and provide monthly variance reports and explanations. Provide periodic forecasts to plan. Develop and maintain a 5-year operating and capital forecast. Ensure all service contracts are in place and efficiently managed. Generate business cases for projects as needed. Lead a sustainability program to promote responsible and productive sustainability efforts in all facilities activities and achieve greater energy efficiencies. Oversee and coordinate updates to the organizations’ business continuity program
- Provide design and construction oversight and project management for all USGA projects. Prepare RFP’s for consultants and contractors and work with procurement to prepare bid packages. Provide leadership and manage all design and construction activity to ensure that projects adhere to budget and schedule while meeting all requirements and specifications. Secure any and all governmental and statutory approvals as required and represent the USGA within the community and with state and local authorities.
- Provide superior customer service, reporting and communication. Be highly visible and constantly interact with the USGA staff to obtain feedback and understand any issues. Send out periodic Campus updates keeping the USGA staff informed of activity. Maintain and track key performance indicators, (KPI’s), to demonstrate the performance of the Campus Operations group. Generate and distribute reports, (i.e. budget variance, occupancy plan, energy consumption, KPI’s, etc.). on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership to the in-house and contracted staff. Ensure that staff and contractors have the necessary training, skills and direction to consistently perform at the highest levels. Conduct regular meetings reviewing performance and keeping staff informed. Provide leadership in the organization for all real estate related matters.
What you bring to the USGA:
- A BS/BA degree in architecture, engineering, facilities and or construction management (advanced degree preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with real estate operations of similar complexity and at least 5 years in a senior level leadership role.
- A demonstrated experience in building engineering and other corporate operational systems.
- Experience managing a budget for both small and large projects.
- Strong communication skills in all media, analytical skills and technology skills.
- Demonstrated leader in supervising and motivating staff
- Strong interpersonal skills.
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How did you hear about this job?