Fall Tournament Operations Internship
About the Southern Texas PGA:
The Southern Texas Section of the PGA of America is comprised of over 800 golf professionals representing over 200 facilities in Southern Texas. The purpose of our organization is to promote enjoyment and involvement in the game of golf and to contribute to its growth by providing services to golf professionals and the golf industry.
One of the largest parts of the STPGA is its Junior Golf Program, with over 4,000 junior members and over 500 tournaments a year. This program entails tournaments for the beginner golfer all the way to the highly skilled high school golfer.
This 4-month (Immediate-12/12) internship opportunity is focused around the STPGA Junior Golf Program and Professional Tournament Operations. It will entail tournament operations, customer service, administrative duties in the office, Prestige Tour events, STPGA PGA Member events, and PGA Tour Qualifying. Successful applicants will be responsible for pre-tournament administrative work in the office and on-site tournament duties during tournaments.
This internship will be a full-time job with an approximately 40-hour workweek. Days worked will vary according to the tournament schedule and may involve days off either on weekends or during the week. This schedule will include travel trips up to three days at a time throughout Southern Texas. The intern will be given a week-by-week schedule upon arrival.
The STPGA is looking to hire two interns that will help out with all aspects of the Section’s operations.
· Assist the Director of Junior Golf/Director of Tournament Operations with pre-tournament administrative duties such as golf course marking, pairings, scoreboards, etc.
· On-site tournament duties would include registration, starting, live scoring, working with volunteers, being a rules official.
· Manage company equipment, to include inventory and maintenance
· Fulfill standard junior golf membership mail-outs, answer the telephone while in the office and help junior golf parents register their children in our program.
· Be on-site at all different type of junior/professional golf events throughout the internship.
- Must be willing to learn and take initiative in tournament operations
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills - Excel, G-Suite, PowerPoint, and Word
- Energetic and outgoing – willing to communicate with parents and members
- PGA Golf Management Student who has completed at least one successful internship is preferred
- Strong interest in tournament administration and operations
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
- $9.00 per hour
- All travel expenses paid
- STPGA staff apparel and uniforms
- Interns will receive training in the Rules of Golf, tournament administration, golf course marking and set up, and computerized tournament programs.
- Access to STPGA Golf Facilities
Please send cover letter and resume via email to:
Director of Business Operations
The STPGA will be accepting applications until September 15th or until the position is filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.