Work Location: Remote (US)
Reports To: SVP, Partnerships
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Duration/Position Type: 12-month Contract
The Partnership Manager will be responsible for supporting the SVP, Partnerships.
Duties will include: developing creative concepts; developing sales pitch/presentation
materials; pro-forma and contract development and partner servicing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and optimizing specific clients’ campaigns and activations including but not limited to: enhancing current partnership activations, identifying new net revenue opportunities, and providing additional value for the partnerships
- Work with partnerships team to manage, execute and track partnership deliverables
- Interface with multiple WTA departments (i.e. marketing, communications, digital, etc.) to effectively provide integrated solutions for potential and existing partners
- Project management and flow for partnerships contracts, reports and documentation
- Create pro-forma reports for potential contracts and management of existing partnership budgets
- Identify current trends in the industry and incorporate these ideas and concepts into new and existing partnership proposals
- Work with the Creative Services team to create partnership presentations, proposals and other materials to generate new revenue
- Develop deal point documents and work with legal on contract generation
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business administration or related field
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years previous experience in sales, sponsorship, brand marketing, account management or advertising
- Experience in partnership development or marketing in sports/entertainment is preferred
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (written & presentation)
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team yet self-motivated and can work independently
- Must be outstanding in ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and priorities
- High level of professionalism
- Strong experience in MS Office Suite
- Experience with creative software is a plus
- Uphold WTA Core Values: Be Progressive, Collaborative, Passionate, and show
- Integrity. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the court, make a difference in the community and create a premier, compelling global sport entertainment experience. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- MBA or Masters equivalent
- Experience with international/global brands
- Knowledge of and passion for women’s tennis
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% to domestic and international destinations
Position Type/Work Schedule:
- Full Time, 40 hours a week. 12-month Contract. Typical schedule will be MondayFriday.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
The employee is required to sit for long periods; use close/distant vision; hear using the
telephone; bend at the waist and knee; communicate verbally and electronically with
worldwide constituency; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
keyboard. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The WTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.