Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
- Assist the NTC Finance and Accounting team with day to day financials responsibilities, expense processing and month-end close.
- Review and reconciliation of all major trade work ticket invoicing (Carpenters, Electricians and Plumbers).
- Assist with the review/coding of all operating expense invoices, purchase requisitions and check requests.
- Process and enter daily cash and credit card sales for US Open Ticket Revenues and NTC Tennis Programs.
- Work with Purchasing department to review and resolve open purchase orders.
- Actively communicate with all vendors to obtain/reconcile invoice aging statements and resolve all discrepancies.
- Assist Senior Accountants, NTC with the completion of the month-end and year-end closing procedures (including, but not limited to Hyperion financials and Lawson general ledger, accrual entries, revenue deferrals/recognition entries, etc.).
- Produce internal month-end financial reports.
- Assist with entering annual budgets and projection changes into Hyperion.
- Ad hoc reporting required to support Senior Director of Finance, NTC; Senior Accountant, NTC; and Accounting Department staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Proven experience as a bookkeeper or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Lawson experience a plus
- Hyperion/Oracle experience a plus
- Position is considered non-exempt
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark teamwork and creativity.
Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy - including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement.
Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected range for compensation for this position is $20-30 per hour. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we'd love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.