In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
The primary purpose of this position is to perform selected project work and support the USTA Adult Competition Department.
- Coordination of special projects and meetings including, but not limited to, preparation for USTA Annual Meeting, Section Staff Meetings and Conference Calls, and Committee and Subcommittee Meetings and Conference Calls.
- Coordinate USTA League Medical Appeals, USTA League Grievance Point Penalty Tracker, and Adult Tournament Suspensions
- Assist with various administrative tasks for the USTA League National Championships.
- Provide Section League Coordinator support including supply orders & spreadsheet maintenance, Penn ball orders, Regulation and NTRP orders; warehouse inventory; response letters and e-mails to league players
- Assist with USTA League aspects of the TennisLink system, including, but not limited to, monthly and year-end participation reports and League User Interface. Provide customer service for NTRP and TennisLink as needed.
- Assist with USTA Adult Tournament aspects of the Serve Tennis system, including participation reports, sanctioning of tournaments, providing service to Section staff and Tournament Directors as needed
- Assist with survey development, collection and distribution of results.
- Serve as the on-site national rep as required for USTA League Nationals Championships and NTRP National Championships; Work with staff to coordinate championship preparation and set-up; national bill review including staff and volunteer expense reports, hotel bills, honorariums and payments to vendors. Set up and maintain staff rooming lists.
Support the USTA League and Adult Competition Committees as needed.
Who You Are
- Prior administrative assistance experience.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Team player
- Tennis experience a plus
- Flexible and patient
Extremely strong detail orientation and accuracy required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work in a "hybrid/flex" environment which will require both on-site and remote work as designated by USTA, and may be updated from time to time.
- Must be available to work overtime occasionally.
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark teamwork and creativity.
Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy - including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement.
Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected range for the base salary for this position is 40,000 - 47,000 and overtime eligible. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we'd love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.