Delray Beach Open
- Internship Break into the Sports Industry with the Delray Beach Open!
The Delray Beach Open, home to the world's only combined ATP World Tour & ATP Champions Tour tennis events, is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals for Internships lasting September to March. This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants who are interested in professional sporting events, special events and event management. Position Details
- September 25, 2018 - March 15, 2019
- Four days per week. Some mandatory non-traditional hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
- $2,600 stipend & 5% Sales Commission
- May receive college credit but not required
The right candidate will be involved in the following areas:
- Event Management & Execution
- Event Operations
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Ticket Sales
- Ticket Operations (Archtics / Ticketmaster)
- Tournament relations (media, public, customers, players, sponsors, etc.)
- Hospitality & Special Events
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Social Media Marketing
- Website design, function and maintenance
- CRM Management
- Volunteers & Staffing
- On-Site / On-Court Entertainment
Tickets Operations Qualifications:
- The candidate should be a college graduate or be working toward a college degree in one of the following tracks; sport management, hospitality, marketing, event management or business administration.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with all levels of management
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a group environment
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of deadlines and offer creative solutions on a regular basis.
- Must demonstrate an eagerness to jump in and help in a variety of areas.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Tennis interest a plus, but not required
- Bilingual a plus, but not required
All applicants subject to interview
- Do you have local housing available in or near Delray Beach?
- If no, would you be able to secure housing for the duration of the internship?
- Are you available to work through March 8, 2019?
- Will this internship be used to fill any school requirement?
CONTACT: Marlena Hall, Director of Sports Marketing (MHall@YellowTennisBall.com)