Delray Beach Open by VITACOST.com - Internship
Break into the Sports Industry with the Delray Beach Open!
The Delray Beach Open
by VITACOST.com, home to the world's only combined ATP Tour
& ATP Champions Tour
tennis events, is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals for Internships lasting August/September to March 2021 (dates to be confirmed). This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants who are interested in professional sporting events, special events and event management.
- August 2020 - March 2021 (dates to be confirmed)
- Four days per week. Some mandatory non-traditional hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
- $3,000 stipend & 5% Sales Commission
- May receive college credit but not required
The right candidates will be fully involved in the following areas:
- Event Management
- Ticket Sales
- Ticket Operations (Archtics / Ticketmaster)
- Tournament relations (media, public, customers, players, sponsors, etc.)
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Event Operations
- Social Media Marketing
- CRM Management
- Website design, function and maintenance
- Volunteers & Staffing
- On-Site / On-Court Entertainment
- All aspects of the highest level junior & amateur tennis events
- World Pickleball Open Assistance and Event Planning
- The candidate should be a college graduate or be working toward a college degree in one of the following tracks; sport management, hospitality, marketing, event management or business administration.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in written and verbally, with all levels of management
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a group environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of deadlines and offer creative solutions on a regular basis.
- Must demonstrate an eagerness to jump in and help in a variety of areas
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competency with MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook required
- Tennis interest a plus, but not required
- Bilingual a plus, but not required
- All applicants subject to interview