This freelancer will work on production of ATP media information, including media notes and @ATPMediaInfo tweets, on weekends and select weekdays/weeknights as required. Time commitment per week will vary.
The candidate will work at his or her own workplace and liaise with the Media Information Manager, who is based in the Ponte Vedra Office - International Headquarters.
- · Produce media notes for ATP World Tour's 64 events, promoting ATP players, stats and storylines;
- Post accurate and timely tweets on the @ATPMediaInfo Twitter account, targeting media specifically;
- Track player accomplishments and biographical details throughout the season, with updates being published in media notes and on ATPWorldTour.com;
- Assist Media Information Manager while he is on site at tournaments;
- Assist Media Information Manager in preparation for US Open; during which ATP serves as media information provider in lieu of International Tennis Federation;
- Team with Media Information Manager in writing, proofreading and editing content for Media Guide;
- Perform ATP database queries in Microsoft Excel for statistics requested by media and/or used on ATP platforms such as media notes, @ATPMediaInfo Twitter, US Open preparation and Media Guide;
- Contribute to projects, including database entry for missing rankings, results and player biographical information from the Early-ATP era of the 1970s and 1980s.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Extensive tennis knowledge;
- Experience in sports information, especially with media notes and media guides;
- Exceptional attention to detail with eye to making edits when technology fails;
- Savvy with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel;
- Quickly learn ATP programs and processes (Media System, H2H Program, Excel database queries)