The Ascendant presented by Blue hosted at TPC Colorado is the only reoccurring PGA TOUR event in Colorado. The tournament, played in Berthoud, Colorado is part of the Korn Ferry Tour, the preferred path of the PGA TOUR. Through the event, we’ve seen the talents of Scottie Scheffler, Taylor Montgomery and Will Zalatoris, who won our event in 2020. In 2021, we were grateful to be named Tournament of the Year, which we praise our partners, volunteers, and the community support for earning that award. With the tournament entering its fifth year, we’re looking for three (3) interns to join the team.
Duties may include but not be limited to:
Tournament Operations and Logistics:
- Organize, move and manage overall inventory, including shipping and receiving of signage (in marina and in pods) and vender items to golf course (storage, offices, venues etc.) and back post tournament
- Procure all on-course signage needs and logos for Tournament sponsors and ensure all sponsor signage has been installed.
- Assist in ordering and on course operational placements of temporary trailers, storage, signage, generators and all rental items (golf carts, vans, cars, forklifts, generators, portable restrooms, tables, chairs, A/V, etc.)
- Oversee contractors for power needs, trash, bathrooms, recycling, etc.
- Set up Media, Rules, PGA Tour, TO, etc. with tables, chairs, coolers, and all office supplies needed.
- Manage inventory of additional golf carts/keys ordered; responsible for fuel fill up and locking nightly
- Assist with planning, organizing, executing, and tear down of all Tournament events
Ticketing and Sponsor Relations:
- Assist and serve as sponsor liaison during the Tournament week and help coordinate all sponsors with move-in and any other needs (hospitality, expos, etc.).
- Assist will all promotion initiatives and activities leading up to and during Tournament
- Manage, track, and organize sponsor ticket dashboards and ensure all tickets have been allocated to partners at least one (1) week before start of event
- Inventory and help distribute all event credentials (volunteer, staff, media, hospitality, vendor, tour, etc.
- Work with printer on delivery of programs and pairings guides; determine storage requirements.
- Work with caterer on set-up of catering tent; assist on-site food vendors
- Work with Tournament Director/Coordinator on the execution of the Pro-Ams
Volunteer Management and Social Media/Digital Marketing
- Learn how to navigate the volunteer database (verify volunteer contact information, uniform selections, committee preferences, schedule availability, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage volunteers assisting with on-course set-up
- Assist in managing social media accounts, help create monthly newsletters on MailChimp
- Assist in planning, organizing, and executing of volunteer uniform distribution, assigning volunteer schedules and participate in committee chair and volunteer training meetings
- Answer volunteer’s questions when they call or email the Tournament office/staff
- Oversee Volunteer HQ to ensure properly stocked with food & beverage, supplies, radios, credentials, trash bins, pairings, etc.
- Maintain a presence in Volunteer HQ to greet volunteers, answer questions, resolve problems, etc.
Qualifications of Ideal Candidate:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Effective organizational skills for managing multiple tasks
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and work outside in various weather elements (heat, sun, rain, wind, etc.)
- Enthusiastic and willing to work hard, learn quickly, and take initiative
- Passion for sports and knowledge of the game of golf is a plus
- May 1st – July 28th (dates flexible within May depending on school requirements)
- Intern is responsible for their own housing, transportation, and meals
- Hourly rate is minimum wage for Colorado; estimated hours for the first month will range between 20-30/week. Expect 40 hours/week beginning in June. Pay increases to time and a half over 40 hours/week.