The Heritage Classic Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving lives throughout the state of South Carolina. As the host organization of the PGA TOUR’s RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing and several other prominent golf events, millions of dollars generated from ticket sales and sponsorships are distributed to charitable organizations that enhance the quality of life for our citizens. Since 1987, the Heritage Classic Foundation has distributed more than $50 million to those in need.
The RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing, April 15 - 21, 2024 is proud to offer exceptional opportunities to qualified individuals looking to gain experience and/or further their knowledge while working for an official PGA TOUR Event. Interns become an extension of the full-time staff and will have an opportunity to work directly with a highly qualified team of professionals and gain direct experience working in the day-to-day operation of a nonprofit organization.
The internship is based in Hilton Head Island, SC.
Primary Responsibilities: The Ticket Assistant(s) will work closely with the Director of Ticketing on ticket sales, fulfillment, and tournament credentialing. This candidate(s) will ensure the greatest level of customer service across all touchpoints by communicating the highest degree of courtesy, professionalism, thoughtfulness, and enthusiasm.
- Assist in ticket orders, package fulfillment, and order confirmations.
- Work with Tournament staff to fulfill all contractual ticketing needs for tournament and ensure proper distribution of tickets to groups and individuals.
- Track and produce credentials for volunteers, tournament staff and special tournament guests.
- Provide support in the Tournament Will Call locations during tournament.
- Support on-site box office and will call operations during the week of the tournament.
- Serve as a source of information for all spectators, managing in person questions, calls, and emails
- Participate and support RBC Heritage Staff at events raising tournament awareness throughout the local community.
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster and Archtics ticket sales platform.
- Assist Tournament Staff with events and projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven event management experience
- Self-motivated and focused team player who is also able to work independently
- Ability to communicate with staff, volunteers, corporate clients, and tournament supporters
- Must take initiative, operate proactively, and think independently in project management, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Capacity to work on several projects simultaneously
- Self-discipline with schedule and time management
- Valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States; International students must have all visas and employment authorizations
- Positions are open to undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Assistants must be able to work from January 15th through May 3rd, 2024
- We understand that many graduation ceremonies are in late April – early May and will work with each candidate to accommodate.
- Interns are expected to be available a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Some weekend and evening work is required, especially leading up to and during the tournament.
- Experience with an official PGA TOUR Event
- Experience with a 501c nonprofit organization
- This internship is not paid.
Housing and all utilities are provided during the duration of your internship.
- College credit is available.
All positions will support and assist the Tournament Staff and each other with administrative tasks during the four months of the internships. These duties will include but not be limited to: Ticket Sales / Customer Service; Nonprofit/Foundation Management; Pro-Am; Sponsor Relations; Finance; Volunteer Relations; Player Relations; Marketing; and Operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.