In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
This position will assist the digital and social efforts for select tournaments as part of the PGA TOUR’s Championship Management division. Responsible for guiding overarching strategy, development, communication, and execution for assigned events, as well as serve as the lead for select event’s social and digital advertising strategy, web presence, and emerging fan engagement technologies. Responsible for delivering direct contributions to the team’s goal of increasing year over year admissions revenues, social advertising spending, and liaising between all digitally focused internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing, Journalism, Media, or Communications preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading social and digital communications and dynamic content creation required.
- Experience managing a team or other professional social media account with an understanding of how brands should participate in an authentic manner.
- Social advertising experience, sponsored content development. Understanding of the Facebook Business tool is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the current social landscape, including creating content for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and emerging platforms
- Ability to analyze and utilize data to customize social strategy.
- Experience within the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects).
- Proficient in design, photo, and video editing.
- Experience with managing websites and content management software.
- Background in golf preferred; interest in golf required.
- Assist management in Communications and Championship Management with overarching communications objectives and strategic planning to provide seamless execution across channels.
- Oversight of the development of strategic short-term and long-range digital and social communications and advertising plans that align with the vision documents for each tournament within the Championship Management portfolio, including overall social advertising spends across events.
- Work cross-departmentally within the PGA TOUR to ensure optimum fan experience, partner exposure, tournament brand building.
- Liaise with external stakeholders to deliver against promotional needs and goals within partner contracts from Global Partner, Proud Partner, Title Partner level through local level.
- Contribute to digital and social support of Championship Management division goal of raising admissions revenue and growth of social media following.
- Work with tournament staff for localized sponsor and fan experience storytelling in the digital space and promote charity and community impact messages in tournament markets.
- Support department's corporate communications and marketing functions and special assignments
- Work with PGA TOUR digital teams to build conversation with the @PGATOUR and tournament handles.
- Work with PGA TOUR digital operations to curate and execute on-site app experience.
- Develop and implement strategy to update and maintain tournament websites, focusing on user experience.
- Develop relationships with PGA TOUR staff, players, agents, vendors, and others.
- Special Projects or other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.