In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
The Insurance Risk Manager is responsible for supporting the Vice President of Risk Management with the daily administration and annual renewal of the insurance programs for designated entities of the Company; assisting business unit staff with insurance issues relating to contracts and insurance coverages; and working with key internal and external stakeholders on insurance procurement and compliance. This position will manage the PGA TOUR Tournament Liability Program and the corporate insurance programs for the World Golf Foundation and PGA TOUR First Tee Foundation and other TOUR charities. The position will also perform related risk department functions including claims processing, collecting exposure data, certificate management, and promoting risk management best practices throughout the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance/Accounting, Business or related discipline
- Professional designations or licenses in Insurance or Risk Management a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance industry, risk management, claims or a related financial area is required. Experience in a corporate headquarters office or insurance broker a plus.
- Commercial insurance experience and understanding about commercial risks and operations
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in the procurement of domestic and international property and casualty insurance and all management liability insurance products and structures.
- Proficient in completing insurance applications and maintaining exposures data and schedules
- Ability to review vendor contracts and provide insurance recommendations and guidance; familiarity with risk management principles in evaluating and analyzing risk exposures and mitigating losses;
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills; strong written and verbal communication skills required to interact with other departments and external constituents.
- Flexibility to handle a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven environment; sound judgement and discernment when to communicate potentially serious issues.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work product to business managers, brokers, and internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of best practices relating to liability and property claims handling and youth safety a plus.
- Assist Vice President of Risk Management with insurance renewals, including gather and evaluate exposure data such as vehicle/driver schedules, property values, equipment, and other renewal data necessary for underwriters in the renewal process.
- Coordinate with the Company’s insurance brokers and ensure that assigned insurance policies are placed and renewed as required to meet business needs and that align with the TOUR’s insurance strategy.
- Serve as primary resource for Tournament Liability Insurance Program including, monitor compliance of tournament insurance requirements, communicate with Tournament Directors, process invoices, assist with claims handling best practices, and support safety and risk advocate programs.
- Serve as a resource for insurance questions regarding corporate insurance for WGF and First Tee.
- Ensure all policy certificates and wordings are negotiated to ensure that they align with business needs and required risk coverage
- Review proposed contracts and provide advice to stakeholders on necessary provisions to align contract terms with insurance obligations and restrictions
- Complete annual insurance audits
- Assist with processing liability and property claims to carriers and serve as claims management resource for tournaments.
- Calculate monthly and quarterly claim reports for insurance programs and develop and analyze trends.
- Create ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Coordinate/issue certificates of insurance for operational and contractual purposes; Administer certificate management and compliance for vendors; initiate corrections as needed.
- Complete various administrative tasks such as scanning and organizing insurance policies, and processing insurance mail.
- Process insurance invoices to internal constituents for payment
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.