In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
he Best Players Need the Best People.
The Field Technician is responsible for the maintaining the integrity from start to finish of the power systems, scoreboards and the ShotLink portable structures. This position is responsible for engineering power insertion points and load balance for the ShotLink Power System, installation of cameras, generators and other equipment throughout the course, as well as perform failover testing to determine and solve for equipment problems. This includes solving and preventing power and data issues, and communication with the team and other departments to provide issue resolution in a prompt manner. This position will also train and manage an onsite volunteer workforce averaging up to 200 volunteers.
- Technical Associate degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Clean driving record and CDL required
- Five years of related experience required, preferably in the following areas: outdoor construction, network/computer, military service, utility / power installation
- Prior customer service preferred
- Technical knowledge for set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting equipment
- Must be able to multitask and have strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, but also in a team environment, military experience a plus
- Must have working experience with system repair, engineering tasks, and other troubleshooting activities
- Extensive travel required; teamwork, initiative, dependability and promptness; excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for the planning / determination of preliminary placement, installation of ShotLink cameras, scoreboards and other equipment
- Oversee set up for tournament power systems and equipment and be responsible for potential issue resolution that can arise (e.g., weather, power, vendor support)
- Direct vendors and coordinate with golf course superintendents, agronomists, and rules officials to ensure that proper placement and function of equipment and ensure all safety and competition protocols are properly in place for all events
- Engineer power insertion points / layouts for the ShotLink Power System and load balance the system to include amperage and voltage within specifications. Monitor and troubleshoot system throughout events
- Troubleshooting power system solutions to ensure integrity and functionality of the ShotLink Scoring System and conduct weekly system failover tests
- Responsible for maintaining a weekly inventory of propane generators, including regular maintenance and any repairs
- Responsible for installing, configuring and troubleshooting ShotLink Scoring system equipment, including cameras, laptops, and other equipment throughout the course to mitigate loss of data which would have an adverse effect on contractual obligations
- Provide first level support to solving and preventing power issues, data and circuit outrages and communication with the team and other departments to provide issue resolution in a prompt manner.
- Ensure proper set up and correct locations of ShotLink trailers, portable structure trailers, fiber trailers
- Manage and train to 200 ShotLink volunteers at each tournament
- Responsible for volunteer performance. Oversee assigned volunteers, determine volunteer ability to continue meeting expectations and address any potential issues / replacement when needed
- Ensure equipment for volunteers is maintained and working properly
- Assist with unloading, packing, and completing asset inventory
- On call responsibilities
- Mentor new Field Technicians and provide on-site training/coaching as needed.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.