In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
The Content Associate Social Media is responsible for supporting the identification and creation of exciting and compelling content that drives conversation and engagements around our sport and its players. An understanding of tone, style and voice is paramount for success with a creative team producing original content for our fans. This position is a passionate storyteller, a creative idea generator and an enthusiastic team player focused on growing the various social media platforms for the PGA TOUR. Non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Journalism, Media or Communications preferred
- 1-3 years professional experience in related field
- Experience contributing to a team, league or other professional social media account with an understanding of how brands should participate in an authentic manner
- Passionate about content creation and the PGA TOUR. A self-starter with enthusiasm for innovative ideas and thinking outside the box
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments. Must multitask, meet deadlines, and produce under pressure in a team environment
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills including grammar, style, and spelling
- Strong understanding of the current social landscape, including creating content for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and emerging platforms
- Assist with the creation of engaging content from concept to completion before, during and after tournaments for use on PGA TOUR platforms. Content could include images, copy, videos, graphics, GIFs and other visual content
- Collaborate with other content creators, taking part in regular storytelling brainstorm sessions. Work seamlessly with tournaments, long form, client services, brand and live production teams to create synergy in all TOUR messaging
- Work with Content Managers to respond to breaking news promptly with compelling content to join trending conversations
- Travel to tournaments and off-course shoots to capture and produce social content alongside a Content Manager or team leader
- Collaborate with other content creators, taking part in regular brainstorms and pitch sessions
- Adhere to PGA TOUR brand standards, strategic initiatives and established voice across platforms
- Utilize available data and analytics to make or adjust programming and content decisions
- Execute branded content that fulfills sales initiatives
- Clip and share highlights live during competition for use on PGA TOUR social platforms
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.