This position will be heavily focused on our data projects to help the organization use data to drive key business decisions, identify opportunities for efficiency and support process improvement. This will include working with cross-functional leaders and managers on developing internal BI capabilities and dashboards while coordinating with our Data Science team in democratizing data across the organization. You will report on key business measures, delivering insights, developing data visualizations, data mining and presenting data in a concise and consumable manor. In addition to providing expertise on data governance and visualizations, superb customer service skills will be key to building relationships that will enable this candidate to work effectively with internal and external partners. A large part of this role is the ability to be flexible and to take on various tasks and work across multiple technology platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, analytics, or related fields
- 3-5 years in a business intelligence or analytics role (Marketing Analytics Preferred) with a strong focus on delivering insights and recommendations, creating engaging data visualizations, and building analytics capabilities to support business needs.
- 2+ years working with SQL and other programming languages (R, Python) to analyze, explore, and mine large data sets to support reporting, dashboard building, and ad-hoc analysis.
- 2+ years planning and leading data or analytics projects.
- Proven experience building compelling and engaging data visualization and presentation.
- Proven experience creating and automating reports and dashboards and working with enterprise data visualization tools (Tableau, QuickSight, Qlik, Power BI).
- Project management experience with exposure to various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Lean, etc.)
- Experience leading technology systems implementations both large and small
- Ability to create project documentation and clearly define project requirements, scope, and schedule
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with project software systems (e.g. JIRA, Smartsheet, Monday, Trello)
- Creative problem solver able to think laterally to develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Competency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Experience with AWS services, Atlassian platform, Smartsheet, Salesforce, HTML a plus
- Work with our external and internal customers (business units / product teams) to understand requirements needed to craft BI solutions and other technical deliverables (e.g. operational and functional reports, data feeds into data warehouses and data focused integrations)
- Define and document measurement requirements for analytics projects, identifying project deliverables and milestones required to support stakeholders.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Partner with business teams to identify and propose changes or improvements to operating procedures, to increase the capabilities of the organization through secured data analytics and collaborate with all levels of the organization to build consensus and secure deployment as needed.
- Deliver and automate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting; design and build visually engaging and informative dashboards.
- Perform the tasks necessary to mine data, manage integrations and tables needed to help build a sustainable data infrastructure.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time issues.
- Present analyses and findings to identify drivers and opportunities of business performance.
- Actively participate in implementation and measurement of recommendations to monitor performance and impact.
- Coordinate/manage third parties/vendors and contractors as partners on large projects
- Function as a product owner after projects are delivered, helping to provide training and successful adoption
- Deliver custom solutions for small projects using internal tools and software that we have available to us
- Exhibit flexibility and capacity to learn new job functions and take on projects as requested
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.