In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Director, Media Systems provides senior technical leadership and managerial oversight specializing in complex technical solutions for media acquisition, production, delivery, playout, and publishing applications. This position is directly responsible for developing and implementing systems that meet the needs of PGA TOUR Studios productions as well as the needs of broadcast partners and content publishers. Drives IT centric solutions and implements innovative approaches to solve studio production related challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, systems design or similar
- Minimum 10 years' experience with broadcaster/content creator, system integrator or facilities provider
- A thorough knowledge of advanced IT based studio production, understanding of SMPTE and other standards, deep awareness of cloud and or other virtual production technologies
- Innovation focused
- Ability to multi-task and effectively make decisions
- Team player who is not afraid to disrupt
- Engages in and directs the ongoing engineering design, development, system implementation, and operation of media systems for PGA TOUR Studios, as well as the needs of broadcast partners and content publishers.
- Oversees the set up and operations of equipment and monitors technical work during production.
- Maintains a current and active in-depth understanding of all relevant technical systems and establishes technical guidelines and protocols for digital media production systems to ensure compliance with technical production standards and policies
- Oversees, drives and collaborates closely with service providers to ensure correct operation of technical equipment and services during shoots.
- Partners with operations management and key staff to assess the facility’s ability to provide services.
- Recommends investments in technology and personnel to meet future requirements.
- Provides development opportunities for staff to ensure high quality facility reliability levels are achieved.
- Recruit technical, engineering or operations personnel and create a team environment between staff, freelance resources and partners.
- Contribute to departmental operations, including staffing, budget management/ cost containment, and internal communication.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
COVID -19 Vaccination Protocol: We require employees to either provide proof of full vaccination or to comply with mandatory safety protocols for unvaccinated employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.