In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Responsible for developing and implementing content and communication strategies across paid and free media relationships and platforms to reinforce the PGA TOUR’s position as the world’s leading professional golf tour. This will be done through delivering value to the PGA TOUR’s international rights holders, including our international media partner Warner Brothers Discovery, as well as driving fan growth, fan engagement and editorial coverage for the PGA TOUR and its members outside of the United States. Close collaboration with PGA TOUR partner Tours, including the DP World Tour, will be central to this role and increase in the future.
This position will ensure our international media rights holders are receiving content and access in accordance with each of their respective rights agreements.
- Bachelor's degree required. Marketing, Journalism, Broadcasting, Production or Communications preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in senior Marketing or Communications roles with a particular focus on driving fan growth and engagement
- Proven track record of driving content strategies and programs with measurable results, inclusive of activations on social media platforms
- Experience managing remote teams around the world and proven track record of cross-functional collaboration in a multinational corporation
- Experience in working with a global company is preferred
- Highly organized with strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a bonus
- Background in golf preferred; strong interest in golf required
- Detail-oriented, excellent teamwork and multitasking skills are a must
- Available during hours that are optimal for doing business with groups abroad, which may include evenings or early mornings
- Oversee the development and implementation of content and communication plans to support the PGA TOUR’s international media rights holders as well as drive fan growth and engagement outside the United States for both the PGA TOUR and its player members through free media opportunities.
- Create a cohesive, efficient, and effective strategy for a team that manages the PGA TOUR’s international content development/implementation, with a particular focus on the following native languages: Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
- Oversee the PGA TOUR’s existing localized platforms ex-US, with a focus on driving engagement, awareness of the PGA TOUR brand & local broadcaster partners. Develop and execute strategies to increase the PGA TOUR’s presence across more locally relevant platforms in key markets.
- Oversee and ensure collaboration of international content production team within PGA TOUR Entertainment.
- Implement and manage content programs and franchises, including but not limited to agency management, social media content planning and free media partnerships, and ensuring media rights holders receive the access and content afforded by their agreements with the PGA TOUR/Warner Bros. Discovery.
- Lead the TOUR’s custom editorial efforts provided to a global network of free media partners.
- Ensure tracking and reporting/merchandising of team’s efforts on a quarterly basis.
- Lead production and delivery of all International ancillary programming, including original and re-purposed shows, long form content and short-form digital/social features.
- Work closely with the TOUR’s International Media team to leverage Warner Bros. Discovery and other international broadcast relationships to enhance and localize marketing programs outside the United States.
- Work closely with content creators based in other countries/regions, sharing story ideas, communication plans and key messages.
- Ability to adapt to changing editorial conditions in a short time frame.
- Contribute to departmental operations, including staffing, budget management, cost containment, and internal communication
- Closely collaborate with the European Tour Group’s content team on joint initiatives that arise out of the strategic alliance between the two tours
- Serve as the key leader in determining international go-to-market content and communications strategies for new products or brands.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
COVID -19 Vaccination Protocol: We require employees to either provide proof of full vaccination or to comply with mandatory safety protocols for unvaccinated employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.