* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Senior Writer, Fantasy and Betting sets the editorial storylines for fantasy and betting content across website and app. This position writes, but also manages a team of freelance writers and third-party content suppliers to build out weekly editorial plans.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Communications or Journalism degree preferred
- Minimum seven years writing experience, preferably at a sports or betting outlet
- Background in golf required
- Strong writing and editing skills, including grammar, style and spelling
- Ability to contribute to various social media platforms via text, photos and video, and work with tools that interact with fans
- On camera experience preferred, but not required
- Must be available for frequent travel
- Must be available during competition hours, which may include evenings and weekends
- Oversee editorial content creation and distribution across PGA TOUR platforms, collaborating with broader gaming team on weekly storylines
- Understand and deliver stories that appeal to the PGA TOUR audience while also adhering to Communications/Brand guidelines and best digital practices
- Develop story ideas on a regular basis
- Conduct research and interviews, and take part in press conferences as warranted
- Create well-written stories in accordance with publishing deadlines and editor direction
- Appear on camera as an expert in the space on brand platforms
- Develop and maintain relationships with official betting operators
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming and pitch sessions with Digital team
- Participate in conversations with readers and fans through social media and other channels when appropriate
- Adapt to changing editorial conditions in a short time frame
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
COVID -19 Vaccination Protocol: We require employees to either provide proof of full vaccination or to comply with mandatory safety protocols for unvaccinated employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.