The 2023 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by TD SYNNEX is the only tournament on the Korn Ferry Tour where amateurs and celebrities are grouped with Korn Ferry Tour professionals in a three-day better-ball competition over two courses. Amateurs, celebrities and pros rotate between the two courses on Thursday, Friday, with a select few advancing to play Saturday’s final round. Celebrities play once at each course on Thursday, Friday.
The Sales Director is responsible for designing and implementing effective sales and marketing strategies to identify new business opportunities and grow existing client relationships. This position will supervise a Sales Representative, as well as be expected to grow and maintain their own book of business.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of six years of commissioned sales and event management experience. Prior experience in sports or entertainment preferred; golf tournament sales experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software packages to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint; CRM experience is a plus.
- Thorough sales knowledge which includes prospecting, pre-qualifying, questioning, presentation, overcoming objections, conveying value proposition, listening, negotiating and closing sales.
- Achieve or exceed annual event revenue budget which includes renewal and upsell of existing partners and new business relationships.
- Lead sales staff to meet or exceed their respective revenue goals which includes to implement, manage and enforce accountability of staff sales activity and goals in CRM, and to lead weekly sales meetings to ensure achievement and professional development.
- Grow and maintain a book of business through sales of pro-am, hospitality and sponsorship packages.
- Build and establish relationships with local community organizations such as chambers of commerce and tourism boards, as well as with local community leaders and influencers.
- Create annual revenue budget, complete quarterly forecasting and contribute to long-term revenue and net operating gain goals.
- Develop and execute annual hospitality, sponsorship, pro-am and ticket sales plan.
- Develop and execute a professional sales presentation which conveys the Tour’s unique selling proposition and is customized with benefits to meet target audience goals
- Provide Tournament Director and SCCI board weekly/monthly evaluation of progress against set annual goals; reporting may include call report, prospect list and other sales related information.
- Work closely with PGA TOUR HQ staff on overall sales strategy, best practices and reporting.
- Support tournament team during tournament week by interacting with all existing. partners and hosting new business prospects.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary (PGA TOUR commission based)
- Benefits to include (Health Insurance, Vision, Dental, paid by company)
- Retirement company match 3%
- Paid time off
- BMW for personal and professional use, Computer, Phone, Gas, Clothing allowance
- Membership to Thornblade Club and the Carolina Country Club
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
South Carolina Charities, Inc. (SCCI), the non-profit foundation of the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by TD SYNNEX, was created in order to showcase the beauty of Upstate South Carolina and the hospitality of its citizens to the world; to create an event that brings the Upstate a fun and entertaining week centered around professional athletes and world-renowned celebrities; and raise money and awareness for South Carolina charities. Since 2001, the tournament has distributed more than $14.2 million to more than 200 charities.