The purpose of the Director of Operations (API, AP Cup, AJGA) is to oversee various tournament operations including but not limited to managing and evaluating vendor partnerships before, during and after tournament, the on-site layout and presentation of Sponsorships/hospitality, and to provide operational support for key revenue generating areas of the tournament, which includes corporate hospitality, on-site Expo, Pro-Am, special events and concessions.
Primary Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
· Manage operations expenses, vendor agreements, and logistics of operational setup.
· Vendor communication throughout the year
· Provide support for overall look/presentation of tournament build and setup
· Operational Support for revenue generating areas/general areas of Tournament:
o Hospitality: Build layout, Venue Presentation
o Special Events: Wine & Dine on 9, Birdies BBQ & U, Women’s Executive Event
o Pro-Am: Shopping Spree
o Concessions: Work with concessionaire to determine locations, setup, presentation, menu, and any sponsor initiatives.
o Signage: Implementation of sponsor initiatives
o Parking: setup/locations of parking areas, signage
o On-Site Expo Management: Manage and execute expo sales/agreements throughout the year
· Sponsor Element Execution of the PGA TOUR’s Honorary Observer Program.
· Coordinate and manage tournament economic impact study
· Provide support for Arnie’s Army initiatives and activations during tournament and throughout the year.
· Develop and manage annual Budget and Business Plan for the AP Junior.
· Serve as lead contact for the API Junior events and related activities
· Work closely with AGJA and Bay Hill Club and Lodge on AP Junior event management.
· Oversee contractual relationship with AJGA and Bay Hill Club and Lodge for AP Junior event.
· Work closely with APE staff on Marketing, PR and Business Development needs for AP Junior.
· Develop and manage annual Budget and Business Plan for the AP Cup.
· Serve as lead contact and oversee partnership with Golf Coaches Association of America for AP Cup Support.
· Assist Tournament Director with Venue Site Analysis, Venue Site Selection and Venue Contractual negotiations for AP Cup.
· Serve as lead contact with current AP Cup Sponsors of event including contract negotiation and fulfillment.
· Lead AP Cup event management and operations working closely with and providing oversight of Venue Site, GCAA and vendors and support staff.
· Work closely with APE staff on Marketing, PR, and Business Development needs for AP Cup.
Qualifications and Characteristics Required
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job with us without reasonable accommodations:
· Must have a minimum of 5–7 years of relevant previous experience in a sports-related field.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
· Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and interpret spreadsheets.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
· Must be able to endure long periods of standing, sitting, and walking.
· Mental demands include learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times or for special events.
· Licensed driver