In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: PGA WORKS Fellowship
Direct Manager’s Title: Executive Director
ABOUT THE PGA REACH WNY FOUNDATION:
The Western NY PGA REACH Foundation is offering an opportunity to gain valuable insight into the administrative aspect of the golf business by hiring an individual from a diverse background to work on our team for a 1-year term.
● The PGA WORKS Fellowship is intentionally focused on engaging a diverse demographic of participants with consideration to the following protected classes: Gender, Age, Race/Color, National Origin/Ancestry, Sexual Orientation, Disability and Veteran Status- though anyone is welcome to apply.
● Ultimately, the Western NY PGA REACH Foundation desires to establish a network of diverse talent who are prepared to ascend to key employment positions in the game and business of golf.
The Western NY PGA REACH Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and philanthropic arm of The Western NY PGA Section, one of 41 Sections across the country dedicated to growing the game of golf, serving the PGA Member, and elevating the standards of the PGA Professional. The Western NY PGA was founded in 1925 under the umbrella of the PGA of America and is home to 300 men and women PGA Professionals from Buffalo, Rochester and Northwestern PA. Our team at the Section Office is composed of dedicated, passionate people who care deeply about serving our Professionals and community through golf. We are hard workers; we are creative; we have fun.
SECTION STAFF MISSION:
To provide a first-class experience for WNYPGA Members and Foundation benefactors in all tournaments, events, initiatives, and programming. Our team works in a collaborative, fun environment and has a passion for sharing their love for the game of golf with others.
BENEFIT OF THE POSITION:
The Western New York Section has a proven track record of placing employees in their next role. The Executive Director and Section have a true passion for career development and future employment mentorship. The goal would be to work with the PGA WORKS Fellow on their career development while they are employed by the Western New York PGA Section.
● A “can do” attitude with dynamic personality
● Willingness to adapt and learn new technologies
● Undergraduate Degree
● Valid Driver’s License Required
● Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
● Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word & Excel
● Skills in social media marketing and communications
● Well organized, punctual, and energetic
● Ability to work in a team environment and travel
● Ability to work overtime to include weekends
● Ability to be flexible
OVERALL JOB SUMMARY:
The primary focus of this position will be to assist the Western NY PGA REACH Foundation in executing PGA REACH programs in the Youth, Military and Diversity & Inclusion pillars. National PGA REACH program examples include:
● MILITARY Pillar | PGA HOPE Program – PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship military program of PGA REACH and is designed to introduce golf to veterans with disabilities in order to enhance their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being.
● YOUTH Pillar | PGA Jr League – PGA Jr League (PGAJL) is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls ages 13 and under to learn and enjoy the game of golf. Much like other recreational league sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends. The kids learn the game among their peers with professional instruction and direction from PGA/LPGA Professionals who serve as team captains. Parents also play an active role, making the program a family activity and creating another generation of players to enjoy the game.
● DIVERSITY & INCLUSION Pillar | PGA WORKS – PGA WORKS is a workforce diversification strategic initiative designed to evolve the demographic composition of the golf industry workforce and develop a robust pool of talent from diverse backgrounds who are prepared to ascend to key employment positions in the business of golf.
PGA WORKS Fellowship duties include but are not limited to:
● Assisting the PGA Section with all aspects of PGA REACH and WNYPGA Section foundation programming including communications, logistics, site and member recruitment, promotions, scheduling, sponsor activation, budgeting, billing, and event execution.
● Assisting the PGA Section marketing and communications team to ensure PGA REACH and PGA Section foundation activities that occur in the PGA Section are documented and reported to national PGA REACH social media and public relations resources as well as PGA Section resources.
● Assisting the fundraising efforts of PGA REACH and the PGA Section Foundation as needed.
● Assist with PGA HOPE programming and operations including: communications with PGA Professionals and military services centers, tracking and reporting, veteran volunteer program, and marketing/PR.
● Assist with the recruitment of PGA Members for and promotion of PGA Jr. League.
● Assisting the day-to-day operations of the Section’s Drive, Chip & Putt Championship local, sub-regional and regional competitions, in cooperation with the PGA of America, USGA and Augusta National Golf Club.
● Assist in the day to day responsibilities of managing the PGA REACH Initiative including: partner organization communications, tracking and reporting, and marketing/PR.
● Assisting with planning, pairings, course setup, onsite management and post event communication for PGA Jr. League, WNYPGA Junior Tour, and Section Tournaments, as applicable.
● Assist with event preparation, management, promotion, committee support, communications and sponsor/donor tracking for the PGA REACH Pro-Am, Duster Challenge, 100 Holes for HOPE, Charity Hockey Classic and other fundraising initiatives.
● Assist with Western NY PGA REACH Foundation marketing, communications and PR including: website updates, social media, creative marketing, and email communications.
● Assist Foundation Board of Trustees with selection and distribution of Growth of the Game Program.
● Assist Marketing Team to create a video of all 2024 Foundation local programs.
● Assist Western NY PGA REACH Foundation and PGA WORKS (national) in the awareness of the PGA WORKS Fellowship to help attract new candidates for Western NY PGA REACH Foundation Fellowship
POSITION / PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. An employee in this position must be able to travel for extended periods of time in various modes of transportation.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
● The employee must be able to drive to and from various locations throughout the Section.
● Salary of $37,000
● Strategic Plan merit based annual bonus potential of up to $500
● Reimbursement for work related travel at IRS rate
● Laptop and Wifi Hotspot provided
● Staff uniforms provided
● Playing and practice privileges at the Homesite, Glen Oak GC during golf season and on simulators in the offseason