Day to day operations of the tax department to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local tax regulations. Train and supervise tax team to ensure compliance with filing deadlines and other regulatory requirements. Provide expertise and research proper treatment of complex tax issues. Provide support on initiatives and directives from senior management team.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Oversee preparation and timely filing of all federal and state sales and use tax, property tax, income tax and Not-for-Profit tax returns (e.g., 990, 990-T).
- Research complex tax issues and transactions; formulate opinions for use by senior management. Seek advice from outside advisors where applicable.
- Provide support to other departments in contract review, research, and tax guidance.
- Supervise and train support staff to enable them to accurately and timely file returns, as well as increase their knowledge of tax law.
- Review supporting work papers for tax returns prepared by support staff.
- Gather, review, and draft correspondence to respond to notices and requests from various government agencies.
- Special projects, as determined by the Senior Director, Business Financial Affairs.
- Prepare returns and provide support where needed for tax department to meet deadlines.
- Provide tax support in connection with PGA’s annual financial audit.
- Perform the tax component of section internal audits and prepare audit report as necessary.
This is a supervisory position responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
Assist with the development of the annual budget and monitor results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field. Masters’ degree and CPA preferred.
- Seven years corporate or public tax experience in a variety of tax disciplines preferred, including sales, property, income, and not-for-profit accounting. Experience with tax research software.
- ORACLE experience preferred.
- Two years team management experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Job Knowledge/Technology: Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and systems with a solid understanding of a variety of tax disciplines, including sales, property, income and not-for-profit. Ability to supervise a small tax team, coordinate deadlines, and provide training where needed. Skills in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis in Excel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Ability to travel.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.