Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounting functions of the Section Finance Department that provides accounting and financial services to the PGA of America sections.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Section Finance department staff that are responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions for the Section offices.
- Coordinate the monthly financial closing process for all sections and provide oversight of the preparation of the Section financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows. Ensure reports are prepared timely, and perform a review of the financial statements for reasonableness and compliance.
- Provide accounting and finance support for Section staff in the regional offices as needed.
- Develop business analytics for the Sections and train Section finance staff to perform the analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all Section Executive Directors and other relevant Section staff.
- Manage ad hoc requests from Sections regarding accounting questions.
- Assist in the maintenance of Oracle general ledger and project account structures and values or whichever ERP system the organization is utilizing.
- Assist the Senior Director in the development of the Section Finance department staff by identifying training needs and development opportunities.
- Review and adjust accounting processes with a view to automation and continual improvement.
- This is a supervisory position that is jointly responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
- Responsible for monitoring departmental expenses compared to budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Five years of corporate accounting experience, with a concentration in financial statement preparation, in a multi-functional organization. Experience in not for profit entities is beneficial.
- Three years team management experience.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Job Knowledge/Technology: Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and systems with a solid understanding of financial statement preparation and reporting. Knowledge of Oracle Financial (Fusion) systems and Hyperion applications is beneficial. A demonstrated understanding of MS office with an emphasis in Excel.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Ability to travel.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.