In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Join a team of proud, passionate, and caring people that together share their diverse talents and backgrounds to serve our members and grow the game of golf. Being at the PGA of America means you are supported, respected, and appreciated for your contributions.
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounting functions of the Section Finance Department that provides accounting and financial services to the PGA of America sections.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Section Finance department staff that are responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions for the Section offices.
- Oversee and coordinate the monthly financial closing process for all sections and provide oversight of the preparation of the Section financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows. Ensure reports are prepared timely and perform a review of the financial statements for reasonableness and compliance.
- Provide accounting and finance support for Section staff in the regional offices as needed.
- Develop business analytics for the Sections and train Section finance staff to perform the analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all Section Executive Directors and other relevant Section staff.
- Liaise with Section Accounts Payable and Payroll to ensure the integrity of the financial information reported.
- Manage ad hoc requests from Sections regarding accounting questions.
- Assist in the maintenance of Workday general ledger and project account structures and values or whichever ERP system the organization is utilizing.
- Assist the Senior Director in the development of the Section Finance department staff by identifying training needs and development opportunities.
- Review and adjust accounting processes with a view to automation and continual improvement.
Contribute to a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and respecting others’ beliefs, backgrounds, identities, abilities, and individuality to help ensure a supportive and engaging experience for Association Members, partners, customers, and guests. PGA of America respects the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and thrive.
Embody the organization's shared values and help ensure the organization's values-based culture thrives by proactively identifying and addressing any shared values challenges and opportunities impacting you and your team. Keep Leadership aware of the pulse of the workforce; recognizing, discussing, and addressing any cultural concerns
This is a supervisory position that is jointly responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
Responsible for monitoring departmental expenses compared to budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Seven years of corporate accounting experience, with a concentration in financial statement preparation, in a multi-functional organization. Experience in not for profit entities is beneficial.
- Three years team management experience.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and systems with a solid understanding of financial statement preparation and reporting. Knowledge of Financial Information Systems. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data. Must have Knowledge of Google Workspace.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
PGA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, to ensure full equality of opportunity in all operations and activities of the organization, every staff member employed by the PGA shall be selected under fair employment procedures that provide equal employment opportunities to all people. DFWP.